To Make You Think

To Make You Think
Einstein & Me

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Change is good

My kids know that I've always embraced change--much more than the average person, I'd say.. .from re-arranging the furniture, to seeing the opportunities of new jobs, of moving to new places. Taking risks and learning or trying new approaches (not necessarily into bungee jumping type 'different' risk-taking tho). .
This year, I have had to resist the 'change is good' attitude a bit; I have remained in a job that I might have previously left due to the conflict--not due to the great pay and benefits, but I guess because I felt there might be long-term value in staying. Today, I had the opportunity to make my case to assume the leadership role, as a result of the default of the board's search process for a new president.. .I have done a considerable re-assessment, and don't know what the future will bring but I will definitely be an advocate for change.
however, earlier this spring, I thought that changing my living situation might be the right thing to do. Since I am experiencing empty nest, I explored the fleeting thought of moving to an apartment. However, after some assessment about WHY I was wanting to do that, I reconsidered. So, I remain a home owner, and landlord--for now.
Haven't had the desire to to back to school. But an eventual move to Mexico, and living as an ex-pat has seemed appealing at times.
I think I'll try the Community Theatre 'therapy' approach first. If that doesn't satisfy my desire for something new. .who knows what I'll try next?
LM

1 comment:

phynngrrl said...

I think you should try dyeing your hair for a change. Really dyeing it a new color.

Or you could change your name. Ask all your new friends to call you Gloria.

Have you been reading plays to see if there's one you'd like to direct?