To Make You Think

To Make You Think
Einstein & Me

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A little more about change

The topic of change really has intrigued me for many years. As a seminarian, I explored a bit of the spiritual/theological aspects. The term metanoia presents some basic tenants that could provide any leader or political system some great lessons.
The fact that the 'penitentiary' system was built to help people turn their lives around is proof that it is possible, even though very difficult, for a person to change.
I have found research about "what you can change and what you can't" from the psychological aspect (Martin E P Seligman).
The 12-Step process has the basic 'procedures' that have been proven effective for many people, but they recognize that change is a spiritual thing.
I am convinced: Peace of mind is a goal that IS possible.
To close today, I will share this quote from one of my personal meditations, attributed to "Peace Pilgrim". .whoever that is:
Historically speaking, when human beings are faced with the choice between destruction and change, they are apt to choose change, and it's about the only thing that will make them choose change.

I have other thoughts, discoveries and feelings about change, which I will share in a future entry.
I appreciate receiving responses, also! LM

No comments: