To Make You Think

To Make You Think
Einstein & Me

Friday, November 21, 2008

November has flown

It was 20 days ago when I last blogged. Since then we've elected a new President, much to my approval. My eldest has turned another year older . . and wiser. I am extremely proud of my adult children, and I try to remind them of that occasionally.

We may be having an early Thanksgiving Day /Eleanor 2nd Birthday gathering since Darrin & Family are taking an early Christmas Family Surprise Trip. He certainly loves surprising his children.

A date has been set to celebrate Granpa Schumm's (my dad) 100th birthday in January; and also in January I may be going to Africa for my first visit.

Four years ago this month I was privileged to be studying with some very special friends who helped me recognize my need for medical treatment for depression. Since then I have tried to make as many people as possible aware of the insidious ways that situational depression can sneak up on a person. So many people could be living their lives with a greater sense of fulfillment if they would be willing to seek help. Our current world situation and the stresses of continual change and workplace pressures are greater than in previous times. Fewer people must be handling more information, and decisions are required with less time for review.

However, technology can still not replace the importance of spending time in reflection and knowing how it really feels to relax. It may be able to determine if the mind is not stressed, but it cannot create that sense of peace. That must come from within. LM

No comments: